Scholarship Application for Valley Center High School Seniors
The Friends of the Valley Center Library will award two scholarships to two seniors attending high school in the VCPUSD. The successful applicants will each be awarded $500. This scholarship will be available the academic year of 2018-2019. It will be awarded to the selected students June 2019.
What will be the criteria for selection?
- · GPA 3.0.
- · Has financial need.
- · Accepted to an accredited four year college, or enrolled at an accredited two year college.
· If successful applicant plans on attending an accredited two year college, proof of enrollment must be received by December of this year. Funds will be disbursed when proof of enrollment is received.
How will we select?
- · Financial need to be determined by counselor/teacher/staff of VCHS.
- · Student will write essay explaining what they hope to achieve in college and /or how this scholarship will help them financially.
· Essay to be at least one page but not more than two pages.
· Essay due May 1, 2019, by 3:00 p.m. to Robin Gilster, VCHS Counseling Office.
· The scholarship committee will use the essay to determine the award. Scholarship Committee is appointed by the Board of the Friends of the Library.
Helen (Ineke) Burrie